- That our earthly lives and everything we perceive are illusory.
- That what we project upon the world makes our perception.
- That we can learn true forgiveness by not-judging and "looking past" what only seems to be.
- That our bodies are but an illusory "proof" we are separate from one another and from our Creator.
- That ego is the devious master planner blocking us from knowing What we truly Are.
- That sin, guilt and fear need not rule our lives.
- That our Right Mind is the patient, mostly silent gift our Creator left within each of us to discover, even while we dream we are separate from Him.
- That we each can choose in every moment to think with our Creator from our Right Mind.
Any one of those, and certainly all of them taken together, challenge us. It takes years for those ideas to become our dominant ways of thinking. So why not use a little visionary fiction dressed up as sci-fi to (a) promote the Course, and (b) to ease the learning process? I wrote Computing Love with those two goals in mind.
First, to Bring More People to the Course and Its Teachings
About twenty percent of the U.S. population reads science fiction. Computing Love uses sci-fi to attract those readers. The novel tells a fascinating story replete with quantum super computer technology, dark matter, dark energy, mystical events and a futuristic setting…perfect topics for sci-fi enthusiasts. As the story unfolds, it presents and explains the Course's core principles in ways that are easy to understand and assimilate. The sci-fi genre serves to attract readers while the story itself introduces readers to those “imaginative concepts” the Course teaches.
For those who want to learn more, the Afterword section of the book points them to online and in-print resources for learning more about the Course. Thus, I hope, Computing Love will join the many other wonderful videos, books and training programs that each help spread the word of A Course in Miracles to new students.
Second, to Simplify the Teachings
How can Course principles be better understood than by watching characters flounder through life's challenges as they work from their egos…but then find real solutions by embracing what the Course teaches? The story shows what forgiveness is in concrete terms that can't be misunderstood. It demonstrates the unity of all people, of the Sonship. It shows the undoing of the ego, movement to Right Mind thinking and the effect it has on people and the world. It portrays the atonement in clear and powerful scenes that, according to some readers, trigger powerful emotions.
Will You Help?
Writing ACIM-inspired fiction is just one more small contribution to helping spread the word. Let's hope it does. The more people learning what the Course teaches, the sooner the entire Sonship can begin experiencing the "happy dream" that leads to Knowledge and the Atonement. Please add your support to this novel so people who might never know ACIM even exists can discover its wisdom and all the wonders it holds. Thank you!